maandag 8 april 2013

Week 2: Knot your nanas CAL

In my search for this weeks granny square pattern on Pinterest (fact: I'm a Pinterest-addict) I stumbled upon this lovely blog: Knot your nanas crochet. That very morning crochet designer and blogger Teri Heathcote had posted a blog about a granny square CAL she wanted to start. Coincidence? Something in the air perhaps? True, weekly or daily challenges aren't a seldom thing anymore, rather quite the hype in the spirit of do-it-now-mindfullness and bucketlist-mania. 

Still, I was jumping up and down on he couch with excitement. As a Libra ( even though I don't believe in horoscopes ) I am horribly incapable of making choices (fact!). From the career path I want to take or which health insurance provider I want, to what to wear, eat, watch on tv and yes, which granny square pattern to crochet. But knot-your-nanas-Teri provided a solution at least for this last dilemma! On her blog she posted three different granny square patterns 


with the following promiss to get / keep her readers motivated:

"Now I thought of a way to keep you all motivated as well. Each person who posts a completed square on my Facebook page wall (if you don't have Facebook leave a comment below with your email and a link to the picture) will go in the draw to win a single pattern from my Ravelry Store http://www.ravelry.com/stores/teri-heathcote-designs."

I immideately signed up of course. This will be my first CAL (which stands for Crochet ALong I discovered after some googling) and I'm very excited. The entries from fellow CALlers are pouring in as we speak on the Knot Your Nanas Crochet Facebook page. On Pinterest I've joined the Granny Square CAL board where the most intricate and beautiful patterns for future CAL projects are collected. I can't wait to try them all!

These are the grannies I entered for this weeks CAL:


I used the yarn I bought for making a spring / easter themed mandala (on which I'm hopelessly behind in making but still hope to finish before christmas ;). The colours remind me of a wild flower meadow so I named my grannies thus and I'm very proud of them!

Yarn I used:
 (respectivly left to right, outer to inner rows)
  SMC Catania in 
 white #0106,
  Katia Capri in emerald #82130,
 apple green #0205,
 neon yellow #0280 // 

white, 
jewel (purple) #0282, 
magenta #0251, 
light pink #0246 //

 all of the previous colours

Hook size: 
2,5 mm 
(>>>Crochet hook sizes conversion chart on Cotton & Cloud)


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten